The startup sound related to Home windows has all the time been divisive, with some eager to disable it, others feeling detached to it, and a few having fun with it. And, in fact, the sound is usually turned on by default, together with within the new Home windows 11. So turning it off, somewhat than on, is the place the confusion can generally lie.
There are a number of methods to disable the Home windows 11 startup noise. Together with at the least a few methods to take action by enhancing the Home windows Registry. Though that technique comes with the potential to interrupt one thing in Home windows if the steps aren’t adopted exactly. And is extra difficult than many different strategies for interacting with system settings.
In fact, some additionally decide to make use of some type of third-party software program to customise their system. Nevertheless, that doubtlessly comes with different dangers related to safety and privateness. And there’s a good quantity of bias to be discovered about which software program is finest too.
For these causes, we’ll be beginning this walkthrough first with the best built-in technique — and arguably the most secure means — to regulate this audio setting. Since this technique gained’t require any admin permissions to perform. However particularly since this technique presents the least alternative to unintentionally change the improper setting and break one thing.
Nevertheless, we’ll additionally cowl the strategies involving Registry modifications for extra superior customers. So for those who’re trying to disable the startup sound in Home windows 11, this information will enable you accomplish that.
Right here’s the right way to disable the generally annoying startup sound in Home windows 11
- Open Home windows Settings. The best technique to open Home windows Settings will likely be to press the four-square-shaped Home windows key and ‘i’ concurrently. Conversely, you can even use the Home windows Begin menu to both search or navigate to the app
- Within the left-hand sidebar, choose “Personalization.” The choice ought to be just some areas down from the highest choice. Home windows 11 denotes that through a paintbrush-shaped icon
- Within the ensuing menu, choose “Themes” from the listing. The menu choice additionally makes use of a paintbrush-shaped icon and has a subheading that reads “Set up, create, handle”
- Close to the highest of the ensuing “Themes” web page, Home windows 11 shows 4 choices. These are “Backgrounds,” “Shade,” “Sounds,” and “Mouse Cursor.” Choose “Sounds”
- Home windows 11 will load up a extra conventional window for enhancing settings, bearing the title “Sound” within the prime bar. There will even be 4 tabs, labeled “Playback,” “Recording,” “Sounds,” and “Communication.” The choice we’re on the lookout for is underneath the “Sounds” tab. Choose “Sounds”
- Within the Sounds tab, deselect the checkbox labeled “Play Home windows Startup sound” close to the underside of the web page. The field is difficult to overlook, because it’s marked by default.
- Lastly, click on or faucet — on touchscreen devices — on the “OK” or “Apply” button. Each buttons will save modifications. The first distinction is that “OK” closes the window fully, whereas “Apply” retains the window open. To permit customers to make further modifications if wants be
IT admins can do that to disable the Home windows 11 startup sound as a substitute
For IT admins and energy customers, utilizing the Home windows Registry would be the simplest way to make sure that no different customers can doubtlessly change the setting as soon as it’s set. The Home windows 11 OS offers a few methods this may be completed. Simply as with earlier variations of Home windows and with different how-to guides. Albeit, that’s the place the choices can be found — as not all machines will essentially present the identical choices. And, in fact, that’s after you open the registry as proven within the steps instantly beneath.
- Press the four-square-shaped Home windows key and ‘R’ concurrently to open up the “Run” dialogue
- Kind “regedit” as soon as the dialogue field is opened
- Press the “Enter” key. You might also want to pick out “Sure” in an related pop-up dialogue requesting administrative permissions
- The Home windows Registry window will open
Alter the worth related to the boot animation
- With the Home windows Registry window open, underneath “Pc,” choose the folder that reads “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” through a double-click
- Subsequent, double-click or faucet to open the folder labeled SOFTWARE
- Underneath “SOFTWARE,” find and open the folder labeled “Microsoft,” after which the folder dubbed “Home windows”
- Choose the folder titled “CurrentVersion,” subsequent, adopted by “Authentication,” after which “LogonUI”
- Lastly, choose the folder that’s titled “BootAnimation”
- In “BootAnnimation,” within the right-hand pane of the Home windows Registry window, find the “DisableStartupSound” choice and double-click on it
- A brand new window will speak in confidence to Edit the worth. To show off the startup sound, merely enter a “1” within the textual content field labeled “Worth knowledge:” after which press “OK” to use the change
Alter the worth related to the System settings
- Within the Home windows Registry window, underneath “Pc,” choose the folder that reads “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” through double-click or faucet, adopted by the nested “SOFTWARE” folder
- Subsequent, double-click to open, within the following order, the folders for “Microsoft,” “Home windows,” and “CurrentVersion,” as proven within the above steps
- Subsequent, choose “Insurance policies”
- Click on or faucet to pick out the “System” folder
- Inside the right-hand pane for the System folder, search for the entry “DisableStartupSound”
- If current, double-click the choice and alter the “Worth knowledge:” determine to “1” earlier than urgent “OK” to use the change