Studying learn how to snooze a notification in Android 12 could be extremely helpful. Particularly when you’re seeing plenty of notifications in the course of the day however don’t need these interrupting your day. However, in fact, that’s not the one characteristic related to notifications or snoozing on this model of Android both.
Customers on Android 12 can even flip off snoozing fully or view a historical past of snoozed notifications. The latter characteristic additionally features a historical past of current notifications which were dismissed and extra. Making it all of the extra helpful for these with a foul behavior of dismissing earlier than studying.
So, when you’re trying to handle snoozing and notification historical past extra effectively within the new Android, like our different guides, this how-to might help. Learn on.
Right here’s how one can snooze a notification for afterward Android 12
Step one to studying learn how to handle the snooze operate in notifications on Android 12 is, in fact, studying learn how to snooze them, to start with. Fortuitously, Android 12 makes this very straightforward. That’s, simply as long as the place to look to snooze notifications and perceive the icons in use.
- Swipe down out of your notification shade to broaden notifications
- On the specified notification, faucet the down-facing chevron arrow icon on the specified notification to broaden it. In our instance photos beneath, we’ve expanded the notification for a Nest digicam alert. However the identical course of will probably be used for any notification that isn’t already expanded
- Inside the expanded notification, find the “Snooze” icon, discovered on the lower-right-hand aspect of the notification UI. That’s formed like an old style alarm clock, with a “Z” within the heart of the face. Faucet the “Snooze” icon
- Android 12 snoozes notifications for one hour by default. So, upon tapping the snooze icon, the UI needs to be changed with one which reveals what’s successfully a “clean” notification, which reads “Snoozed for 1 hour” accompanied by one other down-facing chevron arrow icon. The time will probably be printed in daring.
- Faucet on the down-facing chevron arrow icon to broaden snooze choices
- Android 12 presents three extra snooze choices, together with quarter-hour, half-hour, and a couple of hours. Choose the size of snooze that may work finest for what you want. In our instance, we’d like to come back to take one other take a look at the footage in two hours. In order that’s the choice we’ve chosen
- The snooze notification entry ought to now learn “Snoozed for two hours”
- Android 12 will cease exhibiting the notification as soon as you allow the UI, returning it once more as soon as the time chosen has elapsed
Right here’s how one can see snoozed notifications in Android 12
If you wish to see notifications you’ve hit snooze on just lately early, or simply catch a glimpse of how typically you’re snoozing them, Android 12 has an answer for that too.
- Navigate to the Settings app. This may be achieved through the app drawer and the Settings app or by swiping down after which swiping down once more in your notification shade earlier than tapping the gear-shaped Settings icon
- Scroll down and choose “Notifications”
- Choose “Notification historical past” from close to the highest of the corresponding menu
- Faucet on the toggle subsequent to “Use notification historical past” to show notification historical past monitoring on and see just lately snoozed or in any other case interacted with notifications
- Notifications you snooze or dismiss will probably be proven categorically on this web page. Nonetheless, it’s price noting that solely notifications dismissed after enabling historical past will probably be proven right here. And snoozed notifications can take a while to indicate up. So the notification snoozed in our instance above doesn’t seem on this web page in our instance photos beneath
…or flip notification snoozing off fully
Now, you can too flip off notification snoozing fully. And which may be for the perfect for many who have a tough time interacting with notifications or who simply find yourself snoozing them all the time after which miss notifications.
- Return to the “Notifications” web page of the Settings menu, following steps one and two within the above information
- Scroll to close the underside of the web page to find the “Normal” settings submenu for notifications and the next “Permit notification snoozing” toggle
- Faucet to show off the “Permit notification snoozing” toggle
- You’ll now not be capable of snooze notifications from the notification shade. You possibly can flip the choice again on by following the steps to seek out the toggle and reactivating it